Sunday, May 2, 2010

I am rich.

I've blogged here before about taking care of my dad. It's been a blessing in disguise. At first, I truly thought I was going to be descending into the darkest parts of hades when I saw that he could no longer live alone. I truly sought God out for what he would have me do and I know I did the right thing.

We live on his social security check. It's not always easy and we don't have everything we want but we DO have everything we need. Everything.

I had a broken down Isuzu pickup that would not pass inspection. I had hoped to get it fixed but we couldn't scrape enough money together to do so. The other day I decided to sell it. I put it on Craigslist and as soon as it posted, people started calling, and kept calling. The first person that showed up, bought it. $450.00. It was a good price.

I had some errands to run so I went running around town, I went to the church to give my tithe. Why I didn't wait till Sunday I do not know but I felt compelled to tithe before I spent any of it. I then went to pick up something for my dads lunch. I had not been back in the house but a few minutes when a lady knocked on the front door. She had my wallet in her hand. I did not know I had dropped it. She said she found it down the street.

All the money was gone. I was going to go deposit it but hadn't had time.

I had peace with it. I didn't get upset. God was telling me.. It's going to be ok.

So I decided to ask friends to pray for the person that took it. I want God to bless them for it is His kindness that brings us to repentance. Hopefully, they will realize what they have done and have a change of heart.

Bless those who curse you.

12 comments:

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Oh my gosh Bill... I am so sorry to hear that. I lost my well paying job to Katrina and then being over 50 found it impossible to get hired. We have been living on my husband's pension so I know how tight things can be. God has taken care of us for sure, but even so I always have difficulty with that scripture. I have to ask God to HELP me bless those who have done me wrong, I cannot do it myself. So sorry.

I did see you mentioned your Dad's birthday was recently over at Christy's blog. You are such a good Christian man for stopping your own life to care so well for your papa. Happy Birthday to your dad!

Bill said...

Hello Mary,
I agree, I feel that the only reason I had peace was because I tithed immediately. I love having to rely on God. With each month, he shows his love to me. Thank you Maam! I appreciate you.

Beachgirlusa said...

I'm sorry too about your money being stolen; it's bad enough even if you can spare it, worse when you can't. You have a great attitude and a loving, forgiving spirit.

Bill said...

BeachGirl.. Thank you for the kind words. It amazes me that I didn't get depressed over this.. but it's really ok. God is Good!

Michele said...

That is horrible. Makes you wonder what other people think sometimes. They don't stop to consider how their actions hurt others or what impact they cause. I think you are such a strong person and may many blessings continue to come your way.

Bill said...

Thank you Michelle. It's a privileged to rely on God to meet your needs. Nothing like it in the whole world.

Judy T said...

Hi Bill
I feel like I know you through Southern Plate and I thoroughly enjoy your comments and guest appearance! Believe me, I know your journey is not easy. I was a single mom of a 3rd grade girl when my Dad came to live with us in 1995. I was able to keep my job but there were days when I almost lost my religion :-) In 2006 Pop was 86, blind, but mentally sharper than me, when he passed to be reunited with my Mom. Take strength and peace in the good that you are doing. The rewards will come back to you, when you least expect them too.

Bill said...

Judy, Thank you very much. God has already blessed me immensely through this. It was the best decision I ever made. I've gotten where I relish the challenges to see what he will do next. By the way, I have a sister named Judy. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart, good man. Asking your friends to pray for the person who took your money? I admire you. God will reward you -- in His way and time for that. See...you not only have your own heart right but your witness in asking friends to pray for that person is priceless. God is smiling and I bet He has YOUR picture on his refrigerator.

I LOVE reading your blog -- found it through Christy and her Southern Plate. Since I'm a displaced Texas living somewhere north of the Mason-Dixon line, just the way you, Christy, and couple others I've found write, y'all make me feel like I've been to home and back. Keep up the good work!

Now...God bless you and keep your and make his face to shine upon you... thanks -sb-

Bill said...

S.B

Thank You for the kind words! God is good for sure.

Whacky Wheelers said...

If I could be a tenth of the Christian you are! Thanks for your great example. I love your blog and I love to read your comments on Christy's site. You are one good egg!

Bill said...

Awww.. thank you. I appreciate that so much. I've been to the end of my rope many times doing it my way. It finally hit me that living without Jesus just doesn't work. Like learning to ride a bike.. when you fall off.. you get back on and try again.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm 50 year old man who prays he won't take anyone out with him when he finally loses it. Copyright 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012